GDPR: Privacy and Cookies
PEWSEY VALE AMATEUR DRAMATICS SOCIETY (PVADS)
GDPR: Privacy and Cookies
Data Privacy Notice
We are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice is to explain how we; the management committee of Pewsey Vale Amateur Dramatics Society (PVADS) may use the personal information (data) we collect before and during your membership with us. This notice sets out what data we collect and store, for what purposes we use that data, who has access to that data and your rights with respect to your data.
Members’ Personal Data: This data takes the form of contact information from all members through an application form at the point of joining the club. All new members are expected to complete an application form, and information taken from these forms will appear on contact lists that include full names, gender, address details, telephone numbers and email addresses, which will be held by the Secretary and Treasurer. Information is held electronically and in paper form. Paper Application forms, membership renewal and application forms are kept securely. Records of changes to details provided by members are updated by the Secretary.
We take photographs from time to time throughout the year and these may be used for historical purposes and promoting the society including on our website. We do not publish any society member’s details unless specific consent has been sought. PVADS may produce a Members Handbook or Members Contact List each year, which will include members’ names and telephone numbers to enable contact between members regarding meetings, rehearsals, performances and social events.
Processing Members’ Personal Data The management committee of PVADS complies with its obligation under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) by keeping your data up to date, by storing and destroying it securely, by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data, by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We have not appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee our compliance with data protection laws as we are not required to do so. The management committee has overall responsibility for data protection compliance in our society. Contact details are set out at the end of this document.
We use this data for the following purposes:
▪ To administer the society.
▪ To inform members of news, events, rehearsals, performances and activities.
▪ To fundraise and promote the interests of the society.
Access to Members’ Personal Data Unless required to do so by law, PVADS will not share your members data outside the society, except when providing
▪ Name and telephone number. for registration and insurance purposes.
▪ Name and email address (if permission given)
How Long Does PVADS Retain Members’ Personal Data?
Membership data will be securely destroyed once membership ceases.
Your Rights and Your Personal Data Unless subject to an exemption under GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data.
▪ The right to request a copy of your personal data which PVADS. holds about you obtainable from the Secretary.
▪ The right to request that the management committee of PVADS corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
▪ The right to request that personal data be erased where it is no longer necessary for the committee of PVADS to retain such data.
▪ The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
GDPR PVADS version1 issue C Page 2 of 2
▪ The right to request that we transfer any elements of your personal data either to you or another service provider.
▪ The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
▪ The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Contact in the case of any query: Please lodge your enquiry, in the first instance, in writing, to:
The Secretary of PVADS